Transflective sunlight readable displays:
At i-Tech Technology, we have TFT LCD with reflective mode of illumination without any compromise on its transmissive illumination. The modified LCD reflects the ambient light beams, passing the LCD cell, as its illumination. It utilizes the reflected light beams as its illumination. So, more the light, more the illumination of LCD. The resultant display of LCD is clear and. viewable even if the screen faces direct sunlight.
Optical Bonding sunlight readable displays
i-Tech Optical Bonding process produces an optical bond between any display cover glass or touch panel, and any size LCD.
Utilizing advanced proprietary optical bonding technology, i-Tech overcomes optical challenges for display product manufacturers at an affordable price.
The exclusive Optical Bonding process from i-Tech provides a significant reduction of ambient light reflections at an affordable price, compared to other display enhancement technologies.
Optical Bonding seals either a top cover glass or touch screen directly to the face of the display bezel. Our bonding process eliminates the air-gap between the display and the cover glass, vastly reducing reflective light, which causes visual washout of the display image
• Optical Bonding provides the best reduction of ambient light washout of any commercially available enhancement technology.
• Optical Bonding has a lower cost than most other competing technologies.
• Optical Bonding offers superior ruggedization, enhancing the display durability under vibration, shock and other environmental extremes.
Optical Bonding Technology
Understanding and controlling reflected light will dramatically improve the performance of a display in any ambient lighting condition. Sunlight view-ability of a display depends on the differences between “lumination” and “illumination” of the display. The lumination of the display is its brightness. A display’s brightness, typically referred to as a Nit (Candela per meter/2) is the amount of light energy coming out of the display. Illumination is the amount of ambient light shining onto a display.
This combination reduces the total reflection of the display and front cover glass to less than 2% of the ambient light.
At 500-800 nits brightness, most displays will be completely sunlight viewable.
Anti-Reflection & Anti-Glare Protection Glass Coating Technology:
The anti-reflective coatings on the protection glass have excellent performance in tough ambient light conditions.
• Anti-reflective (AR) coated protection glass can minimize mirror image and maximize transmittance
• Anti-glare (AG) coated protection glass can scatter light directed on the surface and soften the image of direct light sources visible in the reflection of the viewing area
• With two side AR and one side AG coated glass are suggested to provide the best visibility Applications
• Exhibition Signage
• Outdoor Kiosks
• Public Information POS
Products use this technology
These coating glass solutions we provided at i-Tech Technology, are now available for full range displays from 6.4″ to 37″ By customized request.